Objectives of the Society:
The main objective of the Society is to provide an opportunity to agricultural scientists from different disciplines to address themselves to problems confronting Dryland Agriculture in a concerted and integrated manner and to express their views on the scientific basis of different aspects of national agricultural programmes and policies related to Dryland Agriculture. Most of the existing professional scientific societies are specific discipline oriented and because of their specialised nature, an integrated and multi-disciplinary approach is not encouraged. Indian Society of Dryland Agriculture is thus complement the role-played by discipline based bodies. The objectives of the society are:
- To promote inter-disciplinary research in the field of dryland agriculture and transfer of technology for rural development
- To provide a forum to members to express their views from a scientific view point, rationale and consequences of important national policies and programmes relating to dryland development
- To collect, collate and disseminate information on integrated dryland agricultural production and management
- To encourage and promote close association and collaboration among members belonging to various agricultural disciplines
- To work in association and co-operation with other national and international societies/ organisations having complementary objectives
- To undertake such other activities as may assist in or be necessary for the fulfillment of the above mentioned objectives
- To publish a journal at regular interval
General meetings of the society shall be of two kinds. Annual general Meetings and Extra–Ordinary General Meeting.
( I ).The Annual General Meetings of the Society shall be held in November/ December at a place and time decide by the Executive Council. Notice of the meeting, the date, time and place and the business to be transacted there at, shall be given by the Secretary to members at least one month before the date of the meeting.
The order of business at the Annual General Meeting shall be as follows:
(II). The following rules shall be applicable to Extra –Ordinary General Meetings
- Such meetings may be convened either by majority of the executive Council or by the Secretary when called upon to do so by requisition signed by not less than one third of the active members and stating the business to be transacted there at.
- Notice of the date, time and place of the meeting and of the special business to be transacted there at shall be given to all the members at least fifteen days before the date of the meeting.
- No business other than that included in the notice shall be transacted at such meetings , nor shall any non- member be permitted to be present.
(III). General Council can dissolve the Society, if necessary according to Section 13 and 14 of the Societies Registration Act 1350 F.